- - Fishing commences 12:01am 01 September 2020 and finishes on the 30th of November 2020 at 11:59pm.
- - You must be a New Zealand resident to compete.
- - The competition is open to the whole of New Zealand (within NZ waters).
Entry into the competition
- - Fish must be caught on a Daiwa lure.
- - To be eligible for prizes in the Spring Lure Comp, you will need to have a Daiwa lure visible in the image submission for validation of any fish entered into the competition. This can be a Daiwa lure you have already purchased, or if you wish to enter fish into the competition, you will have to purchase a lure from a Daiwa NZ stockist. Please find your nearest retailer here www.daiwa.co.nz/stockists
- - Download the Daiwa NZ Tournament App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
How to sign up:
- - Download the 'Daiwa NZ Tournament App' from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- - Open the 'Daiwa NZ Tournament App'.
- - Click 'Sign Up' to create an account.
- - Fill in the form fields to create your account then 'Login'.
- - Select and enter the event 'Spring Lure Comp'.
- - You have now successfully signed up to the Daiwa Spring Lure Comp.
How to submit an entry:
- - Only one angler may enter their fish through their app, we will not accept multiple anglers sending photos through another anglers app. All prizes will be awarded to the registered user on that device.
- - Make sure you are logged in to the 'Daiwa NZ Tournament App'.
- - Make sure you have entered the 'Spring Lure Comp' event.
- - If you have no reception you can use offline mode and upload images at a later time.
- - When photographing your catch make sure the entire fish is visible in the image.
- - The measure must be readily visible underneath the fish to identify the length.
- - The Daiwa lure must be visible in the image so the entry can be validated.
- - Confirm you wish to upload the image.
- - You can now attach a normal photo of your fish for entry into the 'Glory Photo' category .
- - Enter the species, length in millimeters, any comments, then hit 'Submit'.
- - You have now successfully submitted an entry into the Daiwa Spring Lure Comp.
Making sure your catch is eligible
- - Fish must be measured on a measuring mat, alternatively entries will be accepted on fish measuring stickers. Please ensure your measure is as long as your fish eg. the fish should not overhang the measure.
- - For your photo entry to qualify in the competition you MUST include a Daiwa lure in the photo. The fish must be caught on a Daiwa lure, this lure must be visible in photograph.
- - The measure mat needs to be placed on a flat surface. The sticker used also needs to be flat with no creases or folds.
- - The photo must be directly above the fish showing either the top or lower jaw at the beginning of the measure. The official measure will be to the V or the fork of the tail. This needs to be clear in the photograph. The final length is determined by the length from the nose of the fish to the V in the tail.
- - Daiwa New Zealand reserve the right to disqualify any catch at their sole and absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to suspected measure tampering and incorrectly photographed fish. Photo’s without a Daiwa lure in frame will not be eligible for prizes.
- - Fish must look in good / fresh condition. Daiwa New Zealand reserves the right to disqualify any fish that is not in good condition.
- - In the case of two anglers measuring the same length fish, the first photo submitted will receive the prize and the second angler will move down to the next prize category.
- - Any pictures submitted outside of the outlined competition period will be disqualified. See dates above.
- - If any of the rules above are not complied with, it may result in disqualification from the competition.
Daiwa Pro Shop
Charter Trip with Hauraki Express and Daiwa New Zealand. Valued at $3,000.00.
Awarded to the retailer whose customers have the longest combined length of 3 Snapper at the end of the competition period. Maximum of 1 fish per angler. Retail teams are selected by identifying your preferred retailer during the account creation process. Spots on the charter will be given to the three anglers who caught the winning fish, as well as one staff member from the winning retail store.
Win an Angler Tech prize pack from Just Another Fisherman. Valued at $1000.00.
Awarded to the angler with the longest combined length of 1 Snapper, 1 Kingfish, and 1 Kahawai at the end of the competition period.
Win a landbased fishing mission guided by the Moocher Hunters. Valued at $1000.00.
Open to landbased anglers only. Photos will be audited to check geo-location for validification of entry. The prizes will be awarded to the anglers that have caught the longest length Snapper and longest length Kingfish at the end of the competition period.
1st - 19 Certate LT 3000D-C. RRP $799.99.
2nd - Kohga MX N69MHB. RRP $599.99.
3rd - Saltist SJ 200H. RRP $469.99.
Awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd longest Snapper caught on a Daiwa lure by the end of the competition period.
1st - Spartan S85-6/8. RRP $649.99.
2nd - Saltist LTD 6500. RRP $549.99.
3rd - Saltist SD 35H. RRP $479.99.
Awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd longest Kingfish caught on a Daiwa lure by the end of the competition period.
1st - TD Sol III LT 3000D-C. RRP $499.99.
2nd - KIX LT 3000D-C. RRP $379.99.
3rd - Tierra LT 3000D-C. RRP $259.99.
Awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd longest Kahawai caught on a Daiwa lure by the end of the competition period.
Win a Daiwa Saltiga BJ200SH overhead reel. Valued at $999.99.
Awarded to the best photo taken during the competition period. Selected at the discretion of Daiwa New Zealand.
Monthly Average Length
Win a pair of Oakley Holbrook XL Prizm Polarised Sunglasses. Valued at $289.99.
Awarded to the angler that catches the average length for Snapper, Kingfish, and Kahawai at the end of each month.
Fish Of The Week
Win a lure fishing prize pack from Daiwa New Zealand. Valued at $249.99.
Awarded weekly to the angler with the most meritorious catch. Selected at the discretion of Daiwa New Zealand.
Miscellaneous spot prizes will be sent out on a weekly basis to participants selected at random throughout the competition period. Misc. spot prizes and giveaways will have a combined total value of over $3000.00.
Daiwa New Zealand will make every effort to ensure product is available, however prizes are strictly subject to availability. Prizes are as defined in the ‘Prize List’. In the event that product is not available Daiwa New Zealand reserves the right to supply alternative product of a similar value.
The charter trip with Hauraki Express will take place between the months of December-February 2020/21. The date of the trip will be specified by Daiwa New Zealand and is subject to the availability of Hauraki Express. This decision will be final, and no alternative dates will be provided. The trip may be postponed due to poor weather or other reasons deemed necessary. If this occurs Daiwa New Zealand will nominate another date. The winners are responsible for getting to and from the Auckland location (Pier 21, Westhaven) for the charter experience, and covering their own accommodation costs if required.
Changes to the Daiwa Spring Lure Comp
Daiwa New Zealand reserve the right to make any amendments, adjustments to terms and conditions / rules / prizes at any given time for any reason and at their sole discretion.
Daiwa New Zealand’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered in to.
Your contact information
You agree that the contact details you provide will be accurate and valid at the time of registration. Any details supplied will not be shared with 3rd parties. You also agree that Daiwa New Zealand can send newsletters with updates and important information about the competition.
Age – No age restriction.
All agreements and contracts shall be subject solely to New Zealand law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
You agree that the information and material you submit with each catch entry (ie your name, a photo(s)) is able to be used by Daiwa New Zealand for the purpose of advertising the Competition and/or to evidence your participation in the Competition. Please note catch location data from the app will not be shared publicly.
All photos submitted by you will be treated as non - confidential and non - proprietary and become the property of Daiwa New Zealand once submitted. Daiwa New Zealand may reproduce, publish, disclose, modify or adapt any photos submitted by you without restriction or payment to you.
Unless with your permission, under no circumstances will we knowingly sell, rent or give your private information including name, address, email to third parties.